Have you met Simon?
1. What made you want to be a chef? The fact that I feel food brings everyone together, some of the happy memories I have as a child were always round the table with family and friends enjoying the company and the food.
2. If you weren’t a chef, what would your dream job be? To be honest, I haven’t thought of much else, from a young age I always wanted to be a chef, (if I had to choose, perhaps a stunt man or action hero, I was always watching action films with my dad when I was growing up).
3. Three words to describe you? Easy going, Dedicated, Hard-working
4. What’s your biggest achievement? During my first attempt at being a real head chef, I achieved 2 AA Rosettes.
5. So if you’re hosting a dinner party, what do you cook? That’s easy a good old roast dinner with all the trimmings, you cant beat it.
6. And if anyone could be invited, what four guests would you invite? I think it would have to be Gordon Ramsay, during my early days at college I was all about what he was doing, which restaurants he was opening, what books he had, what styles of cooking etc.; Denzel Washington I think would my next choice as he is probably my favourite actor, my last choices would obviously have to be a couple of family members as I wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of them, even to this day.
7. Any embarrassing work stories you care to share? Luke is pretty embarrassing, but in all honesty, plenty of embarrassing stories, not sure it’s the time to share them just yet, but one thing it did teach me was not to be cocky or arrogant.
8. Anything you won’t eat? Probably not, I was always taught at a young age to eat anything that was put in front of me, I blame my mum for that one.
9. What really rattles your cage? The words “It’s not my job” really grinds on me, other than that nothing else really.
10. Any thing else you’d like to share? If you are just starting your journey in hospitality , just keep your head down, listen to any advice given, work with a smile on your face, always keep one step ahead and enjoy every moment.